Everyone is not perfect in every way because sometimes, there is a little default that can affect your overall appearance. Same like that, many people do not have the accurate shape of ear or size inadequacies. So, if you are the one who needs to improve the appearance of the ear then don’t wait and choose Dynamic Clinic for Otoplasty Ear surgery in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan. On this page, you will learn all about its definition, results and cost. Keep reading!
What is Otoplasty?
Otoplasty is performed to enhance the appearance and features of the ear. Otoplasty is safe and effective. It can enhance one’s self-image. Cosmetic and reconstructive surgical operation of the external ear is frequently carried out to repair cosmetic or defects resulting from the injury. The most common process is otoplasty which is done to carry out to bring some perfection in the shape of ears in children. The main aim of this type of surgery is to enhance the practical and cosmetic appearance of the ears. Frequently, psychological trauma is related to such features.
Ears aren’t just for hearing but to make your facial appearance attractive!
Generally, there are some quick facts that put all information in nutshell. Common facts are mentioned below:
- It is a surgical procedure.
- Performed under local anesthesia.
- Recommended for alteration in size and shape of the ear.
- Provide long-lasting and permanent results.
- Suitable for children and adults.
- The total duration of the surgery is 1 to 2 hours.
- Recovery period – 1 to 2 weeks.
- Cost-effective surgery.
After getting Otoplasty, you will obtain effective, desirable and permanent results. This surgery provides immediate results when the candidate subsides the swelling. However, if you feel to get more alterations or revisions in your ear shape then you may need to talk with your plastic surgeon.
However, it is necessary to choose an experienced plastic surgeon who performed your procedure accurately. Secondly, take good care of your treated area for the prevention of future complications and get satisfactory results.
Who Is Suitable For This Treatment?
It is necessary to fulfill the candidacy criteria before undergoing any surgical procedure. For otoplasty and ear reshaping treatment, the criteria are mentioned below:
- A patient can be a child or an adult.
- To correct the structural abnormalities.
- For increasing/decreasing the size.
- A candidate who has birth issues.
- Atypical shape due to injury.
There are numerous benefits of having Otoplasty Ear surgery in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan, some common benefits are mentioned below:
- It provides long-lasting and permanent results.
- Safest and effective procedure.
- This surgery will correct the irregular shape.
- It can change structural appearance.
- No scarring or side effects.
- Your self-confidence will be a boost.
- Improves facial attraction.
How To prepare?
Before undergoing the surgery, your plastic surgeon will prescribe you a few precautions that would be helpful for you to prevent complications that can occur during or after the surgery. Common precautions are listed below:
- Your medical history will be required.
- The surgeon will physically examine.
- Discuss your expectation with the surgeon.
- Avoid taking blood thinners.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol.
- Be prepared.
How To Perform Ear Surgery Treatment?
In the operating room, the plastic surgeon will usually inject anesthesia for making it a painless procedure. During the procedure, you will be continually monitored along with blood pressure, pulse, oxygen saturation (pulse oximeter). However, the procedural steps are mentioned below:
- The surgeon will inject anesthesia into the targeted area.
- After that, the incision will be made on the ear.
- Then, the surgeon will make adjustments according to the requirement of the candidate.
- Lastly, the surgeon will close the incision with stitches and put a bandage.
In addition to the plastic surgeon, there will be a nurse and a surgical technician in the room. Depending on what is required and whether or not you are additionally undergoing some extra procedures, the surgery may also take several hours. Your doctor will usually come to the waiting room to discuss with any household or friends as soon as you are safe in the restoration room.
Recovery and Aftercare:
Your Ear Surgery may additionally be carried out as a daycare system or you may also need a one-night stay in hospital. You will have a dressing around your head, masking your ears. Your healthcare professional will recommend to you how long you have to keep it in its area. You can also wear a smaller and lighter scarf to shield your ears as soon as it is removed.
You may have some pain at the beginning, and you will be prescribed painkillers that you often take for the first few days. You may additionally have some swelling and bruising that will subside over time. After your bandages are removed and the swelling has long passed down, you will be in a position to see an improvement to the contour of your new shape of an ear.
You will have a follow-up appointment with your surgeon to examine your progress and to make you aware of when you can resume your normal activities. You must avoid strenuous exercise, heavy lifting, and swimming for six weeks following surgery.
Cost of Ear Surgery at Dynamic Clinic:
The average cost of Otoplasty Ear surgery in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan ranges between 90,000 PKR to 120,000 PKR. As it is a surgical procedure that cannot be performed at a cheap price. So, there are a few factors that can affect the cost of the surgery, such as:
- Expert Plastic Surgeon fee.
- Clinical Location and Reputation.
- Type of ear surgery.
- Other supporting charges.
Furthermore, if you want to get more information related to cost and its factors then you can contact us or visit our clinic anytime.
Risks and Complications:
Your surgical procedure will be performed safely and with care to reap exceptional feasible results. But still, some risks and complications can take place during the process of Otoplasty. These risks can vary according to the body and health condition of an individual. Here we some major risks you can face through:
- Infection of the pores and skin or of the cartilage (chondritis) of the ear.
- Temporary numbness of the skin of the ear or face.
- Swelling will be appeared on the treated area but it is temporary.
- Pain, you can use pain killers or if you feel severe pain then immediately visit your doctor.
If the surgical treatment is being completed because of a tumour, there can be a recurrence of the tumour and the need for additional surgical treatment or different therapeutic modalities, which include radiation therapy or chemotherapy.
Book Your Appointment with Us!
If you want to fix your ear(s) according to your expectations, through an experienced surgeon and in a reasonable cost range then you can get all this from one place – Dynamic Clinic. We are here to give you satisfying services and desirable results. So, feel free to consult us anytime, we are waiting to give you a memorable experience.