A port wine stain is usually termed skin discoloration. It is a birth defect or may occur after birth in a few months or years. The stain looks like someone has spilled wine on the skin. Port wine stains are red in colour and usually occur in the body due to a deficiency of nerve fibres. These stains are generally harmless, but they affect the person’s appearance. If you have these kinds of birthmarks, then consider going for a Port Wine Stains Treatment in Islamabad. These birthmarks do not fade on their own and become darkened if left untreated, so you must consult a doctor if you notice any of the symptoms of port wine stains.
Signs and Symptoms:
Some signs and symptoms of port wine stains are as follows:
- Pink marks on the skin
- They differ in shape and size
- If left untreated, they may become dark purplish
- In the starting, it is a flat patch, and with time, as the vein grows, it may become swollen
- It appears on the neck, face, and hands.
- The bleeding occurs if the treatment site is scratched.
You can notice the results of the treatment after the first session. But it will take a few weeks and a few sessions to get the desired results. The results are long-lasting, but you may need to follow up sessions to maintain the results. Laser treatment is the best method to achieve the desired results.
- It is a non-invasive and less painful procedure
- It will give you effective and long-lasting results
- There is no downtime required
- It does not have any side effects or complications
- It is a non-surgical procedure
- Your confidence will boost up
Before undergoing the Port Wine Stains Treatment in Islamabad, you must fall into the candidacy criteria. You are the right candidate if :
- You have pink marks on the face
- You are not suffering from any medical condition
- You have realistic expectations about the result
- If you are not suffering from skin allergy
- If you are above 18
- It is lowering your self-confidence
- You are not a chain smoker
During the initial consultation, the skin care expert will examine your skin condition and will give you some instructions to avoid any complications or side effects. Some of the instructions are as follows:
- You should avoid going in the direct sunlight to prevent tanning
- If you are taking blood thinners, then inform the doctor; he may suggest you stop their usage
- Avoid smoking or drinking before the treatment
- You should not scratch the port wine stains
- Do not use any skin care product containing retinoids or any other type of acid
- Keep your skin hydrated, clean
Laser Treatment Procedure:
The treatment procedure is carried out under local anaesthesia to avoid discomfort. The doctor then directs the laser light toward the treatment area; this will break the abnormal blood vessels. The laser light does not damage the surrounding cells; it is considered the safest treatment. The laser device also has a cooling device, which minimises the sensational changes. You will need a few laser treatment sessions to eliminate port wine stains.
Some other treatment options are also undergoing at the Dynamic clinic, such as surgical and oral medications. The doctor will suggest the treatment depending on your port wine stain.
As it is a laser treatment, no long recovery time is required. You can return to your daily activities right after the treatment. You may notice swelling and bruising, but it will fade away in a few days. But it is important to care for the skin to avoid future complications. Some of the aftercare instructions given by the best dermatologists are:
- Do not touch your treatment area unnecessarily
- Do not use makeup and cosmetic product on the skin
- Avoid overheating and going in the sunlight
- Apply sunblock before going out
- Use ice packs to avoid discomfort
- Use the prescribed medicines and ointments on time
- Avoid doing hard work or strenuous exercise
The Cost of Port Wine Stain Treatment in Islamabad is different for everyone. The price may be decided when the doctor examines the condition of the birthmark. The cost also depends on some factors. Such as:
- Treatment area size
- Number of sessions to get desired results
- Doctor’s fees
- Location of the clinic
- Other supporting charges
If you want to know the cost roughly, then consult our team.
Are you looking to get rid of birthmarks? Safely and effectively, then try laser treatment. This treatment will boost your confidence and self-esteem. If you have any other queries related to the port wine stain, then you can get in touch with the Dynamic Clinic team. They will guide you about the treatment procedure and the cost of the treatment. You can book an appointment by filling out the form or dialling the given numbers to get the treatment in a comfortable environment.