In the past few years, Hair Transplantation in women was unheard of a mere decade ago and hair transplanting treatment wasn’t a good option for female candidates. Women with hair loss have the option to get a better look with improved strategic density whether it is hairline or the part area of the crown. But now, advanced techniques are introduced to even perform for every woman who has lost their hair due to baldness – Known as Women Hair Transplantation.
On this page, you will learn all about Female Hair Transplant in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan including its work, results, benefits and cost. So, keep reading for more information!
Hair Transplantation For Women:
A procedure that is used to perform for implanting hair follicles through specific techniques is known as Hair Transplant. There are very limited and fewer female candidates who require transplantation due to female pattern baldness. The practitioner will extract healthy hair follicles and implant them on bald or patchy areas.
The evaluation process in both men and women is the same; your hair transplant surgeon needs to know the following:
- The extent of hair loss or the area which needs to be covered.
- Size of the donor site.
- Texture, thickness and shape of the donor’s hairs.
- What are the goals of coverage?
Depending upon the above information, your Hair Transplant Surgeon will make a plan for your hair transplanting treatment. As women experience a different level of baldness and the main causes would be imbalance hormones or lack of nutrition.
According to Dynamic Clinic, there are specific techniques that are used for implanting hair follicles for female candidates. The two most used methods at present are:
- The strip or the FUT method
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) method
Sometimes a combination of the two methods will give you more grafts—your Hair surgeon will discuss that with you if that be the case.
Some of the major differences between the FUE and FUT methods are the following:
|FUT or Strip Method||FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) Method|
|1. Scars||There is a linear scar at the back of the head.||There is no scar at the back of the head.|
|2. Bleeding||Sometimes there is bleeding as the cut is made in the scalp, but easily controlled||There is no significant bleeding as there are no cuts.|
|3. Numbness||Some patients experience temporary numbness at the top of the head for a few weeks.||There is no numbness from this procedure.|
|4. Sutures||Sutures at the back of the head are removed in about 8 to 10 days. There is some discomfort from the sutures||There are no sutures used, hence there is no discomfort from sutures|
|5. Natural Look and Density||In good hands the looks are natural and there is good density||The grafts are thin and can be placed close to each other. Results are so god that they are difficult to judge whether these are natural hair or transplanted hair.|
|6. Recovery||Although the recovery is a few days, the sutures at the back of the head cause some discomfort till they are removed in about 8 to 10 days.||Recovery is within 4 to 5 days as the small puncture wounds at the back of the head heal very quickly.|
After getting hair restoration treatment, an undergoing candidate will get effective, long-lasting and satisfying results. The recovery period may require 7 to 8 days and the growth of hair will start after 2 to 4 months. You will get the final outcome after 10 to 12 months and the hair will be naturally appearing on you. So, it is important to choose an expert surgeon who performs your treatment well and provides you with desirable results. Secondly, you need to take good care of your treated area and your new growing hair in the future.
Generally, there are several benefits for those women who get hair transplantation. some common benefits are mentioned below:
- Long-lasting and natural hair growth.
- Boost up your self-confidence and self-esteem.
- No major side effects or complications.
- The new growth of hair will be thick and strong.
- It will improve your hairline and density.
- Your quality of life will be enhanced.
- There will be no requirement for further maintenance.
Who is a Suitable Candidate?
It is necessary to fulfill the candidacy criteria before undergoing any hair loss treatment. Specific criteria for the candidates of Female Hair Transplant in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan are mentioned below:
- Women who have suffered hair loss due to mechanical or traction alopecia (no hormonal).
- A candidate who has had previous cosmetic or plastic surgery and are concerned about hair loss around the incision sites.
- That female who have a distinct pattern of baldness, similar to that of male pattern baldness. This includes the hairline recession, vertex thinning (on the crown or top of the scalp), and a donor area that is not affected by androgenetic alopecia.
- To suffer hair loss due to trauma, including burn victims, scarring from accidents, and chemical burns.
- Women with alopecia marginalis, a condition that looks very similar to traction alopecia.
How To Prepare?
Before undergoing hair restoration treatment, the practitioner will examine your condition and prescribe you a few precautions related to your health and treatment. It is necessary to follow these precautions for the prevention of during and after the surgery. Common instructions are mentioned below:
- Do not take blood thinners like aspirin.
- Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol.
- Maintain your diet and keep yourself hydrated.
- Don’t get a haircut or shave the area by yourself.
- Be prepared for the surgery.
The Procedure of Female Hair Transplantation:
On the day of surgery, it is required to come on time at least before 1 hour. The procedure will be performed by our expert surgeon. However, the procedural steps are mentioned below:
- The surgeon will prepare the donor area by injecting local anesthesia and trimming the hair for making possible extraction.
- Then, the surgeon will extract healthy hair follicles and keep them in a clean space.
- After that, local anesthesia will be injected into the recipient area and prepared for implants.
- Next, the surgeon will make a tiny incision and implant those extracted follicles.
- In the end, the surgeon will place a bandage and antibiotic solution.
The total duration of the surgery will be 5 to 8 hours as it depends on how many follicles you need to implant. After that, you can go home with the prescribed aftercare instructions.
After the surgery, the surgeon will prescribe you aftercare instructions for taking good care of your treated area. However, the common instructions are listed below:
- Use ice packs for avoiding swelling and irritation.
- You should take painkillers and antibiotics for the prevention of infection.
- It is better to not wash your head for at least one day after the surgery.
- Avoid taking blood thinners as they will slow down recovery.
- Do not rub, touch or scratch the area unnecessarily.
- Strictly not allowed going out in direct sunlight.
- You shouldn’t massage the scalp for at least 2 weeks after the surgery.
Cost of Female Hair Transplant at Dynamic Clinic:
The average cost of Female Hair Transplant in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan ranges between 70,000 PKR to 500,000 PKR. Also, there are a few factors that can affect the cost of your treatment. Such as:
- Experienced surgeon’s fee.
- Clinical Reputation & Location.
- Technique used.
- The number of grafts.
- Other supporting charges.
Additionally, if someone is willing to know more information related to cost then you can talk to our surgeons or visit our clinic for reliable details.
Schedule an Appointment with Us!
Therefore, if you lost your hair due to any accidental injury, trauma or imbalance hormones then you need to get hair restoration treatment and feel free to consult Dynamic Clinic. Here, we are offering a variety of hair loss treatments that can provide you with effective and long-lasting results with only one procedure. So, what are you waiting for? Come visit us for a memorable experience.