Different people have different facial problems but to have issues with the jaw or jawbone is a bit problematic. Many people suffer from chewing and biting issues and many of them have sleeping issues or speech problems. Also, such jaw issues may cause by dental problems. If you are experiencing any one of the issues mentioned above then don’t worry, there are a lot of surgical procedures that can give you desired results.
On this page, you will learn all about Jaw Surgery in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan including its types, results, benefits, procedure and cost. So, keep reading for researching more information!
To Know About Jaw Surgery:
A surgical procedure that fixes several defaults of jaw or jawbone is known as Orthognathic or jaw surgery. It is performed for making corrections, adjustments and realigning the jawbone irregularities for improving the function. It can also change your facial appearance. However, the surgery will perform by Maxillofacial Surgeon and performed under general anesthesia.
Types of Surgery:
According to Dynamic Clinic, there are three types of jaw surgeries that are recommended according to the condition and suitability of the candidate’s problems. However, the common types are Upper-Jaw, Lower-Jaw Surgery and Chin Surgery.
Therefore, these types are performed differently and recommended to different jaw defaults. You may need to consult the surgeon who examines your condition and recommend you a suitable type of treatment.
There are several quick facts about the surgery that sum up all the details in a few points. However, the points are mentioned below:
- It is a one-time surgical procedure.
- Performed under General Anesthesia.
- The total duration of the surgery is 3 to 5 hours.
- Hospital stays – 2 4 days.
- Long-lasting and permanent results.
- Recovery period – 2 to 4 weeks and fully recovered after 12 weeks.
- Final results may appear after a few months.
Final Results and Success Rate:
After getting the surgery, it may take 2 to 4 weeks for recovery and after that, you will start to observe noticeable results and satisfying effects. The outcome will be effective and permanent so you will not require any other treatment.
Moreover, choosing an experienced surgeon for your treatment plays a major role in the success rate. Otherwise, the unprofessional surgeon can make the worst shape of your overall face. So always choose the best surgeon and take good care of the treated area for satisfying outcomes.
Generally, there are a huge number of benefits to jaw surgery. A person who is going to consider the treatment must read these benefits that are mentioned below:
- Long-lasting and permanent results.
- It will enhance your overall facial appearance.
- Your function of teeth will be improved.
- It Fixes the health, breathing and chewing issues.
- You may not feel any difficulty while speaking.
- Self-confidence and self-esteem will speed up.
- Other medical and oral health benefits.
Who Are Suitable Candidates?
Before undergoing any surgical treatment, it is necessary to fulfill the candidacy criteria. So that is how you will be eligible for the surgery. However, the candidates who need Jaw Surgery in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan are listed down:
- A person should be above 18.
- Candidates who have to chew or biting issues.
- It is best for improving dental imperfects.
- You may feel difficulty in your speech and swallowing.
- For making corrections of an open bite.
- To improve facial appearance.
- If you get any injury or birth defects.
How To Prepare?
Before the procedure, your surgeon may examine your facial and health condition and recommend you few precautions that are important to follow for the prevention of during and after surgery complications. A few common precautions are:
- You may need to get Dental braces if you are experiencing dental issues.
- The surgeon may require panoramic radiography.
- Your medical report or history will be checked.
- It may require a CT scan for examination.
- Avoid taking blood thinners.
- Don’t smoke tobacco or drink alcohol.
- Be prepared for the surgery.
The procedure will be performed in the clinic and by an expert maxillofacial surgeon. However, keep focusing, the procedural steps are mentioned down:
- The surgeon will administer general anesthesia.
- According to the chosen method (upper jaw, lower jaw or chin surgery), the steps are performed.
- It is a surgical procedure so obviously, it requires an incision on the jaw area.
- After the incision, the surgeon will make corrections, adjustments or realignments in the jaw or jawbone. Sometimes, it also requires plates screws for settling the jawbone attachment.
- In the end, the incision will be closed with stitches and a bandage may be placed on it.
Therefore, the total duration of the surgery will be 2 to 5 hours as it depends on the severity of the jaw condition and the number of corrections.
Obviously, it is a surgery and requires a lot of care otherwise, you may experience difficulties and complications after the surgery. Therefore, your surgeon will prescribe you a few aftercare instructions that are necessary to follow, such as:
- Do not move or open your mouth unnecessarily.
- Avoid making deep expressions or laughing with a full smile.
- Maintain your diet healthy and take a liquid diet for the initial few days.
- Do not smoke tobacco or drink alcohol.
- Better to not perform physical activities as well.
- Use pain killers and antibiotics for preventing infection.
- Avoid eating hard foods like ice or candies.
- In case of severe pain, inform your surgeon immediately.
Jaw Surgery Cost at Dynamic Clinic:
the average cost figure of Jaw Surgery in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan ranges between 150,000 PKR to 230,000 PKR. Also, there are several factors that can raise the price of the treatment accordingly. However, common factors are mentioned below:
- Experienced Surgeon’s fee. Location of the clinic.
- Jaw surgery type.
- The reputation of the clinic.
- Medication and anesthesia fee.
- Other additional charges.
If you are willing to know cost-related information according to your concerns then contact us or visit our clinic anytime. We are here to give you helpful information.
Why Choose Dynamic Clinic?
Dynamic Clinic is one of the trustworthy and well-known clinics in the city where you can find any treatment according to your issues and desires. We have expert surgeons who perform your challenging and complicated surgical operations with their expertise and skills so that is why your get satisfying and desirable results. The environment of the clinic is hygienic and our staff is cooperative and friendly.
Book Your Appointment with Us!
Therefore, if you want to fix your jaw, jawbone or alignment of jaw then feel free to consult Dynamic clinic where you will get this amazing treatment and you will obtain satisfying results. So don’t wait and get your appointment. We are here to give you a memorable experience!